Wednesday 9 October 2013

Just my Thought Bubbles

Little big planet is a PS3 game that is categorized as a puzzle platformer.  The game can be challenging at times and personally I have had quite a few difficulties with it.  A really awesome component of this game is just how much you can personalize the game.  You have a little sackboy that you dress and modify which ever way you like.  You gather different items in each level from prize bubbles.  Some of these bubbles can be tricky to get while other are just as easy as walking straight.  Each portion of the Little Big Planet world is different.  For example you have the Wilderness, The Temples etc. and each world poses their own challenges.  You also get to customize your own pod, which is basically like a little house for your sackboy.  You can also create and publish levels using the items that you found from prize bubbles.  I've had many problems with acing certain levels (required for a trophy) but if you keep at it you'll eventually get it.  Personally, I have had many problems with the boss battles and have found that most of them are based strictly on luck.  This game is perfect for younger age groups as well so it would be great for a family game night!  I find that LBP is a game that tends to be more entertaining when you have at least one other person playing with you.  Overall, I highly recommend the game and suggest that you try to stay calm while playing it since it can be a hair-puller!
Sources:  Image from Google

5 comments:

  1. *GASP* I love little big planet - now you're speaking my language! I really like puzzle-based games, i feel like they exercise your mind at the same time as being entertainment as well as all the customization options. I do diagree however that it is a kids game, I didn't really get into it until I was much older and able to aceing the levels...and my little cousins can't play it well at all. Would you say this was one of your favorite games? I know it is one of mine, although i don't find it that much of a hair-puller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're into puzzle-based games I'd recommend checking out Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent, that one got me stumped a couple on times. I guess it really depends on the person playing it then, my little cousins tend to be really good at this game and I go to them for help sometimes. I wouldn't really say this is one of my all-time favourite games but it is up there. I love the whole idea of it but I've had a lot of difficulties 100% it so that tended to get on my nerves :P I found that most of the boss battles were really frustrating when trying to ace them and that you needed more luck then skill to actually beat them without dieing.

      Delete
  2. I as well love little big planet! I have the first one, and it's no doubt one of my favourite games ever. Reading this post really made me want to go get my ps3 fixed. I got the yellow light of death a few months ago, and haven't got around to getting it repaired. I would definitely agree with you that many of the levels are based on luck. I was stuck on one in particular when my ps3 broke.

    Do you ever design your own levels in LBP? I found that part of the game really fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old PS3 got the yellow ring of death and it took so long to get it repaired :P And I do make my own levels but most of them are really simple. I made one based on NYC and I was pretty proud of it ^.^

      Delete
  3. Hmm I thought I already commented on this one.. I didn't like this game simply because it was too confusing for me. Like there was way too much going on... I have it but sent it to my pile titled "Games I Put On Hold But Know Ill Never Play Again." Any tips to make it less confusing?

    ReplyDelete